Monday, February 27, 2012

These are a couple of my favorite tasty treats. They could be a snack, a dessert or even breakfast if you really wanted it to be! Believe it or not, I didn't get either of these ideas from Pinterest. I know a shocker!


DIY Light Frappuccion. I love Starbucks, and for a while there I was making Starbucks my breakfast and lunch. Then I realized how much I was spending and decided it was time to cut down. I made the decision to only visit Starbucks twice a month, but I couldn't quit cold turkey. I pretty much failed at that goal the first month into that decision. I needed to find a replacement that wouldn't strain my pocket book. I came across this recipe and thought what the heck, why not. It was GREAT! Not Starbucks great, but great for homemade and I think it will curb my cravings in between my Starbucks runs. For a complete ingredient list and instructions please visit LaaLoosh. (NOTE: I did tweak this slightly. Instead of regular iced cubes I used coffee iced cubes and little extra creamer.)














Frozen Strawberry Crumble. I remember as a kid, my grandmother making this for dessert all the time. In fact it was one of those desserts that was requested she bring to a get together. We called it Strawberry Freeze. I have looked high and low for a recipe that was similar to hers and have always come up short. Until now that is. This is as close to hers as I think I will get. For a complete list of ingredients and baking instructions please visit Get Off Your Butt & Bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment