Monday, February 20, 2012

You have everything you need for your party. Then an hour before the guests are to arrive you realize that you've missed something. I've done it a million times. Have you wanted to make your own decorations, but haven't a clue what you want to make or how to start? Need ideas on inexpensive but thoughtful party favors? Check out these ideas!

Cupcake Tower. I have seen these in almost every craft store I have visited. I make cupcakes but not enough to warrant purchasing a fancy metal or plastic cupcake display tower. I ran across this idea on Pinterest and now I'm looking for an event just so I can make this. It is extremely clever and you probably already have most of the materials needed to put this together. For a complete materials list and step by step instructions visit Annie's Eats. While you're there be sure to check out her other creative ideas, they are all wonderful!


















DIY String Lights. I've always thought of using my clear string Christmas lights for other events during the year. However, I never really liked the way it looked when I did. I stumbled across this great idea on Pinterest and can't wait to try it out myself. You could easily change it up for different holidays and occasions. For a materials list and step by step instructions please visit Good Housekeeping.

Party Favors. I've always found it interesting what people choose to give out as party favors. While, not required to be given out at parties it has been a long standing tradition with many families. This particular project is aimed at Valentine's Day and while it is an adorable Valentine's Day Card idea it could easily be changed up to work for other holidays and special occasions. For a materials list and complete step by step instructions please visit Inspiration for the Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment